Sunday, February 28, 2010

Leo Jinks



Leo Jinks is Insert Coin Here's youngest artist at the age of 6. The son of Emma Greenwood and sculptor Sam Jinks, Leo is currently enrolled at the East Brunswick Kindergarten. His recent creative endeavours include building waffle brick fort and cardboard box alligator (2009), and in 2010 he has constructed a cardboard castle, with some help from Granny.




Necklace of Bits, 2010, leather thonging, drinking straws, wooden beads


My Mum did tell me about this project with the vending machine, and she showed me a picture too. I did get a robot from a vending machine before, and so I know those capsule things are cool and that you can put all sorts of things in them.

When Mum did ask me if I wanted to make some things I thought it was a great idea, that’s because I really like making things. She did say that I needed ten – wow that’s so many!

So I did make these necklaces from leather, straws all chopped into pieces, and those colourful beads, which my Mum did say are wood. I said that we should sell them and Mum said that the vending machine does that for $2. I could even get one with my pocket money.

I don’t think boys would wear the necklaces except if they are dressing up, but I think that girls would love them, especially my baby sister, but she might want to eat them. They are all different colours and Mum did say that you can change how long they dangle, which is a good thing.


www.leoslegolab.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

About




Insert Coin Here

is a group exhibition curated by Nella Themelios & Kim Brockett. The exhibition is part of the 2010 L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival cultural program.


Insert Coin Here
comprises of two vending machines strategically placed in public spaces around the Melbourne CBD. Containing limited edition 'fashion objects' produced by over 60 Melbourne-based artists, the vending machines are activated when a member of the public inserts a $2 coin. The exhibition explores alternative interfaces of exchange for fashion, the mechanised system as a form of 'fashion dialogue'. More broadly, it thinks through discourses around public space and the role that fashion might play in it.



1 - 31 March 2010



Insert Coin Here is proudly supported by:


Photobucket